After the phenomenal day that was World Book Day, 25 [hosted by Kylie Dixon in The Magical World of Mushroom Marvellous] here are the top writing tips from World Book Day that were shared by all of the authors that participated in this event.
Each one of these top writing tips is so important. And if you follow these tips, you’ll find your book writing journey much easier. Writing a book takes dedication and passion, and I can’t stress enough the importance of having a group of people that will help you on your journey.
- Be brave and decide to share your story… 😱
- Do your research 🔍
- Plan – especially if you’re using an illustrator – this book is handy
- Ignore your imposter syndrome 🕵️♀️
- Keep writing ✍️
- If you’re creating a children’s book, seek out your illustrator
- Find your support network who inspire and help you 👫👫🏾👭
- Get your marketing funnel in place. Sell pre-orders. (If you’ve hired a cover designer/illustrator, get your cover sorted) 💷
- Write more✍️
- Hire an editor (one that’s an expert in your genre) 🖍
- Hire a typesetter/cover designer📙
- Get emotional when your proof arrives😍😭
- Get reviews
- Sell, sell, sell
- You’ve got this!
Want to be a part of something amazing, and help yourself focus on your writing goals? Come and join my writer’s group over on Facebook – it’s free and will help you on your writing journey.
Everyone in that group knows and understands the impact of having a support network. I look forward to seeing you there.
Sell, sell, sell
You’ve got this!